All new studies are to be submitted through the iRIS electronic submission system: iris.ou.edu.
CONSENT FORM TEMPLATES
Please note: Consent forms should not be signed by participants until AFTER the study is approved. Once approved, you will need to log into iRIS and print off the stamped version of the consent form, make copies of this form, and then have participants sign this version of the form prior to completing the study activities. Please see the How to Find your Stamped Consent Form page for guidance on finding the form after approval.
Full Versions of Consent Form Templates
These are the original, full versions of the consent form templates. These are slightly longer and are more conversational in nature. You may choose to use one of these versions, or one of the condensed versions described below.
- Signable Consent Form (Rev. 3/1/2015) - Once approved, this document will be signed by participants.
- Unsigned Consent Form (Rev. 3/1/2015) - Once approved, this document will not be signed by participants. It will instead be passed out as an Information Sheet.
- Unsigned Online Consent Form (Rev. 10/6/2015) - This document will appear as the first page of an online survey. Once approved, be sure to include the IRB number and approval date at the bottom.
- Oral Consent Script (Rev. 10/28/2015) - Once approved, this document will be read to participants.
- Signable Assent (Under 12) Form (Rev. 3/1/2015) - Once approved, this document will be signed by child participants under 12 years of age.
- Signable Assent (12 or Over) Form (Rev. 3/1/2015) - Once approved, this document will be signed by child participants between the ages of 12 and 17.
- Parental Permission Form (Rev. 3/1/2015) - Once approved, this document will be signed by the parent(s) of child participants.
- Debriefing Template (Rev. 3/1/2015) - Once approved, this document will be provided to participants at the conclusion of studies involving deception.
Condensed Versions of Consent Form Templates
These documents have been condensed down to the bare essentials. They do not contain the conversational elements found in the full versions above. You may use either version of the template.
Questions about which template you should use? Refer to our Researcher Consent Guidance document.
OTHER STUDY DOCUMENTS
Like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on submission tips and scheduled education/training sessions!