- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) protects patient health information and informs patients of their rights with respect to the protected health information.
- How Offten: Annually
Who Needs It:
All workforce members (employees, students, and volunteers) at the locations listed below must take HIPAA Privacy and Security training within 5 days of employment, enrollment, or appointment. The training must also be taken annually (electronic reminders will be generated for OUHSC employees).
Volunteers are required to take HIPAA Privacy and Security training if they will be volunteering for four days or more, regardless of whether the days are consecutive. Departments are strongly encouraged to provide HIPAA training to volunteers who will provide services for fewer than four days.
- OUHSC (all HSC program locations)
- OU Tulsa (HSC program employees)
- Athletic Department
- Office of Legal Counsel
- Internal Auditing
- Financial Services
- Human Research Participant Protection Program/Institutional Review Board
- For more information contact the Office of Compliance 405-271-2511
EHSO Safety Training