The Office of Human Research Participant Protection (HRPP) is the University's established program designed to support the University's commitment to the protection of human participants in research. The Institutional Review Board (IRB) is responsible for reviewing research submissions that involve human subjects and assess that it adequately meets the criteria for approval set forth by the federal regulations, state law, and OU policies and procedures.
What's New in the HRPP?
Nov. 15, 2018: Website updates are being applied almost daily! Visit the News & Announcements page to learn about new resources and information available to you!
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - August 7, 2018:
New form for reporting protocol deviations and unanticipated problems to the HSC IRB is live! See the News & Announcements page for more information!
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - JUNE 18, 2018:
Final Rule Issued to Delay the Revised Common Rule for an Additional 6 Months.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and 16 other federal departments and agencies are issuing a Final Rule to delay for an additional 6 months the general compliance date for changes recently made to the revised Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (also known as the Common Rule).
This Final Rule delays the general compliance date for the 2018 Requirements (aka, Revised Common Rule) with a new effective date of January 21, 2019.
Go to the News & Announcements Page for more information!
Click the News & Announcements link in the menu to learn more about the items listed above and to view all announcements pertaining to the HRPP Office and IRB.
iRIS - Electronic Information & Submission System
- Please use Internet Explorer when working in iRIS. iRIS is also compatible with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, but you may encounter some comparability errors.
- NOTE: IE Version 10 and Apple Safari are not fully compatible with iRIS! Some function capabilities are lost in these versions! IE 11 will work in 'Compatibility Mode' IE 9 is most compatible with iRIS but is no longer supported by Microsoft and is being phased out by HSC IT.
- Click here to access iRIS: https://iris.ouhsc.edu
- NOTICE: I.T. performs routine monthly server maintenance to install security patches, perform upgrades and modifications, reboot systems and test fail-over capability. These monthly procedures generally affect iRIS and you may not be able to access the system until the maintenance is completed.
- Click on the iRIS tab in the red menu bar to access more information!