If your study is determined to be Expedited and continuing reviews are no longer required, you will need to submit an Annual Check-In Form to obtain approval for an additional year. Your study status should note "Check-In Req" at the end of the status. If it says "CR Req," you will need to submit the Continuing Review/Final Report form instead.
You will receive iRIS notifications 60 and 30 days in advance of your expiration date, informing you of the necessity to complete this form. To submit the Annual Check-In Form, please follow the instructions below.
- Log into iRIS (https://iris.ou.edu).
- Click on the “My Studies” tab under Study Assistant on the left and open your study.
- Click on the link on the left for “Annual Check-In Form.”
- Select “Add New Form.”
- Respond to all questions in the form, using the "Save and Continue" button to move through the different sections.
- At the end of the form, click the “Signoff and Submit” button.
- Select “Approve”, input your 4x4 and password, and select “Save Signoff.”
If you are currently analyzing de-identified data, you may consider closing out the study instead. IRB approval is not needed for de-identified data analysis. However, if there is a chance that you will need to collect additional data, you should request that the study remain open. If you are a graduate student, please refer to the Graduate Student Guidance section for tips on submitting for closure.