If your study is considered either (1) Full Board or (2) Expedited with "CR Req" noted at the end of your study status, you will need to submit a Continuing Review form to obtain approval for an additional year. You will receive iRIS notifications 60 and 30 days in advance of your expiration date, informing you of the necessity to complete this form. To submit the Continuing Review form, please follow the instructions below.
- Log into iRIS (https://iris.ou.edu).
- Click on “View and Manage My Studies" under Featured Study Operations on the left and open your study.
- Click on the link on the left for “Continuing Review/Final Report”.
- Select “Add a New Form”.
- Respond to all questions in the form, using the "Save and Continue" button to move through the different sections. If you are not including a modification request, you will not need to upload any of your previous study documents.
- At the end of the form, click the “Signoff and Submit” button.
- Select “Approve”, input your 4x4 and password, and select “Save Signoff”.
If you are currently analyzing de-identified data, you may consider closing out the study instead. IRB approval is not needed for de-identified data analysis. However, if there is a chance that you will need to collect additional data, you should submit the Continuing Review form and note the study as "Active-Open to enrollment". If you are a graduate student, please refer to the Graduate Student Guidance section for tips on submitting for closure.